- 1. Account: After you registered, please double check your info under account. Although only your phone number is needed to register, we suggest inputting other info in particular your user name and e-mail. Your user name for example is used in the gift feature to allow the recipient of the gift to know who is the person sending the gift. Your email address is needed if you want us to send you payment receipt, confirmation of gift amount either received or sent etc.
- 2. Billing: You will know exactly how much you are being charged right away for every call you made. There is no hidden fee. Your billing history and account balance is automatically updated and displayed right on your app under history and under Account right away after each phone call you made (Note: the server may sometimes take up to a few minutes to synchronize with and refresh your app).
- 3. You can add, delete or update a contact from either your phone contact list or from GoIDD contact list then synchronize by going to GoIDD contact list, pull down on the contact page then release it. It may take a few minutes for the servers to update the contact lists.
- 4. To check for a rate, just enter the phone number on the dial pad and the rate will be displayed next to it. For an existing contact, the rate is displayed just to the right of the number.
- 5. VIRTUAL NUMBERS: We got such an awesome feedback from our users for this feature. This is part of the ideal and reason why we started GoIDD. We want family and friends to be able to communicate with each other and not to worry about the typical expensive international calls. We have to solve the issue of not only making outgoing calls inexpensive but also to allow our users to receive calls without having their family and friends paying expensively to make the calls. The solution for cheap ingoing calls was more difficult to resolve but we were able to do just that with VIRTUAL NUMBERS. For many users, this feature allows for the first time, their family and friends to contact them cheaply from overseas. They told us that this feature improves the relationship with their family and friends. It was life-changing for many of our users. For significantly cheaper than a prepaid phone card, family and friends can now make unlimited calls to you from overseas by dialing a local Virtual Number. They see and dial your international number but our technology uses a
virtual number (which is a behind-the-scene local number that is not visible to the caller) to make that international call equivalent to the price of an inexpensive local call. To make this feature even better, we allows that Virtual Number to follows you wherever you are with a forwarding option.
- 6. To check a country code just tap on the flag inside the dial box and a list of countries with their associated flag will appear. Just tap on the appropriate country then the country code for that country will appear.
- 7. On the upper right corner, you will see the WiFi or Data sign. It shows which connection is currently available but does NOT show the strength of the connection. Thus sometimes, you may not be able to make a voice call despite seeing that WiFi or cellular data is available. The connection is present but not strong enough to carry a voice call. If no connection is available at all, then you will see a grayish WiFi sign with a bar across and the word “Offline” in red just under it. The app will automatically switch back and forth between WiFi and Data depending on what is available and what connection is stronger giving priority to WiFi which is usually free or cheaper than cellular data. Sometime despite having WiFi (WiFi icon appears in green in the upper right corner of the app), the signal may be too weak to carry a voice call. Thus you may dial a number and no call goes through and the screen just shows “Terminating” without a ring tone despite seeing the green WiFi sign. In that case, either the person you called did not respond to your call or the internet connection, although present, is too slow to carry a voice call. You may want to turn off your Wi-Fi and turn on your cellular data to make your voice call. The reverse is also true whereas Data become weak and WiFi become stronger, then you switch back to WiFi by turning it back on. If you are in an area where both the Wi-Fi and Data are weak, then you can still use Call-through to make your call. This feature is unique from GoIDD to allow our user to make a call go through when there is weak or no Wi-Fi or Data available. You are able to make an international call despite having no Internet connection but essentially paying the equivalent of a local call ( Note: that call is charged by your cellular network provider and not by GoIDD)You are using your cellular provider to make a local connection to GoIDD network which then allows you to make your international call. Call-through also allows you to make calls even when moving rapidly from one area to others as in driving or in a moving train. You may be moving in and out in multiple WiFi coverage areas in a matter of minutes and Call-through prevent your call from being dropped when you are moving out from an area covered by WiFi.
- 8. You may experience a drop in your call while calling. Usually nothing is wrong with your app, but you may be experiencing a transient drop in the
signal of the local Wi-Fi network or Data below the threshold to carry a voice call. This may happen even though you are standing still in one location as that signal strength does vary sometime quite a bit over time. In that case you may move to an area with a better connection or try to switch from WiFi to Data or vice-versa. If that does not work then switch to Call-through (the local cellular network) to make your voice call.
- 9. When you are moving fast (on a car or train), we suggest to not use WiFi as your call will be dropped or interrupted each time you move out of one Wi-Fi covered area to another. Use Call-through instead or possibly cellular data to make your voice call.
- 10. To use Call-through, you must set it first by choosing call through option and pick a Call-through number. When you need to use call-through, just tap on the WiFi or DATA sign and a menu will drop allowing you to turn Call-through on. After you are done with the Call-through. DO NOT FORGET to turn it off right away after you make your Call-through call, to go back to WiFi or DATA connection so that you do not get charged by the local carrier when not using Call-through feature.
- 11. LOCATION: You can share your location by clicking on location under chat. It is located on the far right after you click on the + sign. You may have to swipe the bar all the way to the right to see the location button. For privacy purpose, this feature only display the location at the time you push on the location button. If you move to a new location, the app will not show your new location unless you click on that feature again.
- 12. Virtual number: This is a local number for your friend to call you from oversea. You are the one paying for it. You can forward this number to any phone or multiple phones of your chosen anytime and anywhere in the world. In other words, this number follows you wherever you are in the worlds and you can manage this feature right from your app.
- 13. GIFT: The receiver of the gift will receive a pop-up message and/or e-mails (if available) when you send a gift. Both receiver and sender of the gift will have a record of the transaction in their respective e-mails (if available) and in chat.
GENERAL QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- 1. What is the name GoIDD come from?
International Direct Dialing (IDD) refers to the capability of a user, at their convenience to place internal calls without the need of a telephone operator. GoIDD is International Direct Dialing on the “Go”. Our technology allows for a simplified user experience using a mobile platform to make international calls with a digital reliable network capable of providing high quality and fast connectivity. We essentially use technology to make international calls cheap, high quality, and simple to use for people on the go.
- 2. Why should I use GoIDD for my calls and SMS when there are other communication applications out there that are for free?
- Here are 7 great reasons:
- You have the convenience and flexibility to call from anywhere at any time, and not be tied down to your computer at home or office.
- You do not need to concern yourself that the person you are calling or messaging to does not have a smartphone and/or a mobile application.
- Once a registered user, you do not need a credit card to refill your account and can have a friend or family member refill your account at a click of a button with the GoIDD unique gift function.
- You are not plagued by poor call quality service from the free vendors; your subscription with GoIDD ensures that we will provide the best service quality available.
- You do not need to find and tie yourself down to a WiFi hotspot or rely on 3G / 4G data reception when you need to make a call (via Call-Through). Thus with GoIDD your calls go through while with other systems, you may not be able to use their app in many areas.
- You can still make calls even where WiFi is blocked such as in some airports, hotels, etc. (via Call-Through). You save lots of money on your international calls and SMS through GoIDD at home or while roaming using WiFi and Virtual Numbers.
- 3. Do I need WiFi or 3G / 4G data to make international calls?
- No you do not need WiFi or 3G / 4G data. GoIDD has a Call-Through feature which works with your normal mobile cellular plan that automatically connects your long distance calls via a local access number in your country.
- 4. Do I need WiFi or 3G / 4G data to make international SMS?
- Yes you will need WiFi or 3G / 4G data when sending out international SMS.
- 5. How does Call-Through work?
- This is a fairly unique feature of GoIDD which allows you to make call in areas without WiFi. With many other systems when you are travelling in an area without WiFi or data service, your app just does not work and thus you can only use the very expensive regular cellular network to make international calls. GoIDD on the other hand allows you, using the Call-Through feature, to still make the international using the most economical connections available to save you money. You use the expensive mobile network only for the local call to connect to GoIDD network which then carries your call internationally.
- Call-Through utilizes your cellular service to call a local access number to route your call. It rings once and within 25 seconds, you will be connected to your intended number. The dialing screen will show the local access number and for iPhone, your intended number as well.
- For iPhone, it is important that you are already logged in to have access to your app; otherwise you will be unable to use the Call-Through service when there is no Internet connection.
- 6. How do I set up the Call-Through feature when travelling?
- If you are travelling and roaming and need to use Call-Through feature when you do not have access to WiFi or 3G/4G data, you need to tap on Call-through and set up the Call-trough number first before you can use that feature. Then you can tap on the Wi-Fi (or DATA) sign which open a window to turn on Call-through. Please MAKE SURE YOU TURN OFF CALL-THOUGH after you use this feature so as not to incur unnecessary charges from your local cellular carrier. Thus when WiFi or 3G/4G data are not available or blocked, you can still make your international call using your regular cellular connection. However your expensive regular cellular service can only charge you for the local call as the international portion of the call is routed through the cheaper GoIDD premium channels.
- 7. Does GoIDD work everywhere?
- GoIDD works everywhere where you can receive WiFi or 3G / 4G data. For our Call-Through feature, it is available for the countries listed in our How It Works page. More countries will be added as we grow so check back with us regularly. The countries available for international calls and SMS are listed on our Rates chart which includes over 160+ countries.
- 8. What are FREE calls between GoIDD users?
- GoIDD users can call other GoIDD users by dialing their GoIDD app for free through our mobile application over WiFi and 3G / 4G data. Free calls are governed under our Fair Usage Policy.
- 9. What is the meaning of GoIDD statuses?
- 1. Online : User is connected and you can contact you them via Call and Instant Messages.
2. Offline : User is not connected to WIFI/DATA or has uninstalled GoIDD.
3. Away : User is connected to WIFI/DATA but have not used the app for a while
- 1. What is a Virtual Number?
- A Virtual Number is essentially a local phone and fax number that you can rent indefinitely that is forwarded to your own contact number. You can call-forward the Virtual Number to almost any landline or mobile in any country or even a Fax number. Please review our Virtual Numbers page for more information and benefits.
- 2. Why use Virtual Numbers?
- They are unique inexpensive ways to for friends, family and business acquaintances to call you. Here are a few examples of how you can use virtual numbers:
- You live in Hong Kong but have friends and family in Vancouver. You call-forward your Vancouver Virtual Number to your local mobile phone in Hong Kong. Now your friends and family can easily call you locally for free.
- Your credit card bank in London wants to send you a fax but cannot send it internationally. You forward your London Virtual Number to your local fax number in Singapore. Now you can receive the fax without a problem. Furthermore, you set your 2nd number to be your fax number permanently so you can always receive faxes.
- You are vacationing in Thailand for a month. Instead of paying incredibly high mobile roaming rates, you buy a local sim card and call-forward your San Francisco Virtual Number to that of the SIM. You later stay at your friend's house so you call-forward your Virtual Number to his home and mobile phone. Now you are always in calling contact.
- 3. Can I get more than one Virtual Number for my account?
- Yes. There is no limitation to how many Virtual Numbers you can subscribe to.
- 4. Can I choose my own Virtual Number?
- Currently, this service is unavailable.
- 5. I cannot receive calls through my Virtual Number?
- For monthly plans, you will need to add credit to receive calls outside of the countries in these plans. So for example, if you are enrolled in the USA/Canada plan and you have a UK London Virtual Number, you need to add credit to receive your calls. If this does not resolve the problem, Contact Us.
VALUE ADDED SERVICES
- 6. Can I review my account for call, SMS, payments and managing various features?
- Yes, log into your account and you can view detail information of all your communications and payments, as well as updating information and adding new services. You can also manage your account directly from your app by clicking on specific heading on the menu page as Account, History etc.
- 7. What is the Premium Quality Calling Package?
- The Premium Quality Calling Package is a service that switches you to the shortest and best connections to server routes which provide the best call quality compared to standard calling rates. The higher quality and clearer call is a result of GoIDD using the most update technologies coupled with using only premium channels.
- 8. What is Multi-Ring?
- Multi-Ring is a call-forwarding feature which allows you to set up the phone or fax numbers that you want your Virtual Number to consecutively ring to. You are allowed up to 2 phone numbers per each Virtual Number. Calls will ring for 20 seconds for each number. After 20 seconds on the last number, Voice2Email will activate if available. If your Virtual Number works as a fax, you should set it up as your 2nd call-forwarded number.
- 9. What is Voice2Email?
- Voice2Email service takes your voicemail and emails it as a Wav file to your registered email address. This service is only available on your Virtual Number. Please check your spam box if you are not receiving them and add our email address to your contact list to assure future receipt. You can also access your voicemail by logging into your accounts on our website. Note that voicemails are only kept for 3 months.
- 1. What types of payment do you accept?
- GoIDD accepts PayPal and credit cards by way of PayPal in most countries. We accept Visa, MC or Discover in the USA and Canada and many countries in Europe and Asia.
- 2. What currency do you accept?
- GoIDD accepts the local currencies via PayPal, Visa, MC or Discover although your usage is calculated in US dollars.
- 3. How are call minutes charged on my Service Plan and Virtual Number?
- Calls are charged per minute increments whether you call out or, if you have a Virtual Number, someone calls in to that number. There are NO CONNECTION FEES. Note that minutes are calculated in US dollars even though you might be adding credit in Euros or Hong Kong dollars.
- 4. How are monthly plans billed?
- Currently we do not offer monthly plans yet. However, monthly plans services will be coming in the near future. Pay-As-U-Go is not a monthly billed plan; you just add credit as needed.
- 5. How are Virtual Numbers billed?
- Virtual Numbers are billed separately from your monthly plan every month. Even though you might have more than one Virtual Number, each will also be billed separately every month. This makes accounting easier for everyone when adding new and cancelling old Virtual Numbers. Re-occurring monthly billing are charged on your Billing Cycle Date. Please make sure you have credit available in your PayPal account to avoid disruption of your service, and cancellation and loss of your Virtual Number.
- 6. How do I cancel my account/monthly plan/Virtual Number?
- Email GoIDD in our Contact Us page 14 days before your Billing Cycle Date or subscription date notifying us the cancellation of your account. Please include your Account Number and User login ID with your correspondence. We will notify you within 48 business hours confirming the cancellation of your account. Unused credit is non-refundable.
- To make it simple to understand, there is two scenarios when traveling: WiFi or No WiFi which are clearly displayed in real time on the top right corner of your GoIDD app.
If you plan to use your smartphone only in WiFi covered area then you do not need to do much when travelling.
However there are situations when you have no WiFi including blocked WiFi in hotels or airports. Many places including hotels or convention center do block WiFi or make only weak WiFi network available so that you have no choice but pay for their so called premium WiFi service or worse use your hotel phone to make international calls which are one of the most expensive calls any entity can bill. In that case you have to find an alternative route to reach the GoIDD network (for simplicity, essentially the internet). One way is to use the local cellular network to make that connection. You are essentially calling a local number to connect to our network. You do not have to figure out the local number to call nor your location or the multiple details to make that connection. All you really need and want is to dial the number you want to reach from GoIDD app. The app will figure out all the details and will automatically route your call not only to the cheapest but the clearest connection to your contact oversea. You then will be able to make an international call in an area without WiFi for the price of a local call. Note that the cost of that local call is billed by the local service provider you choose and the bill will be from that provider and not from GoIDD. To do that you get a local SIM card for your phone or rent a local smartphone then download the GoIDD app to connect to GoIDD network.
GoIDD is actually the lowest or one of the lowest international phone services anyone could find in the world when traveling coupled with convenience and simplicity.
The following is for your own knowledge and you can read the below to truly understand how amazing GoIDD is and all the advantages of GoIDD when traveling when compared to the traditional cellular carrier or other system including phone cards. You have to first understand the many complicated precautions you have to do so that you do not incur without realizing it, the huge charges from your regular cellular network when traveling.
We can explain it best below under questions that you should ask about international calls using your traditional mobile provider but never quite know where to start:
- 1. Will my mobile phone work in other countries?
- The standard mobile-phone network in much of the world is GSM which stands for Global System for Mobile Communications. Two American mobile-phone companies; AT&T and T-Mobile use GSM technology. Verizon and Sprint use a different system, called CDMA, which is not compatible with the GSM networks. It gets more complicated as within the GSM network, different regions operate on different bands. The United States uses bands which are different than bands used in European countries. A GSM phone which works in the U.S.A. may thus not work abroad. Abroad a GSM phone may works in one country but may not work in another country. For the frequent traveler, there are global GSM phones which can operate on multiple bands. However these phones do not work on CDMA network in America.
- 2. If I have a GSM phone that can operates on multiband, what else do I need to know before traveling to Europe if I do not have GoIDD?
- The best way is to use GoIDD of course .However let us give you the typical scenario if you stick with your old fashioned mobile carrier. You should call your mobile provider to double check whether your phone will work in Europe. Do not forget to ask about dialing instructions when you get there. You also need to ask your mobile provider to activate international calling. You should also inquire about specific rates for each country as these rates may differ from one country or area of one country. These are the rate charged by your mobile provider making calls while abroad. You should also ask about other fees such as for text messaging and data roaming. The most important question to ask your mobile carrier and a novice traveler may not think to ask, is whether your carrier offers an international plan. This will for a monthly fee lower your charges for call and for text messaging which could go through the roof while you are traveling. Typically you pay a monthly fee to get a lower charge per minute for international calls and will likely spent some time in your busy schedule with a representative of your cellular provider who likely will not be able to explain to you fully your options nor to tell you how to correctly make an international call when you are oversea and in a different time zone. They likely will not remind you to deactivate the service when you return home. Your carrier policy typically is to not automatically cancel the service for you nor will they tell you to do so when you do not use it. GoIDD will not charge you a monthly fee and before your actual call the rate per minute is clearly displayed next to the number that you are about to dial. That rate could be up to 90% cheaper than your cellular network provider rate. The cost of your international call will be shown clearly on your app (under billing history) right after that call.
- 3. What is roaming?
- When you are outside of your usual home phone geographic coverage area, you are roaming. This geographic area is defined by your carrier and can be nationwide as anywhere in the U.S or a smaller area. When you are traveling abroad, you are roaming unless you are renting a local phone or switched your SIM card to one that is local. Roaming can be very expensive and many travelers have rung up huge bills because they didn't realize they were incurring roaming charges, so make sure that you know or ask your carrier how to turn off roaming when you travel. Remember that you are charged for both out coming and incoming calls. You will be charged for incoming calls, even if you don't answer them and, some cases, even if your phone is turned off. Your friends who inadvertently call you will also be charged.
- 4. What is a SIM card SIM stands for?
- Subscriber Identity Module. It is the little circuit embedded in a removable plastic card on your mobile phone. It contains info to identify you based on your mobile number and other info to connect your calls to preferred networks. It’s also your phone book contacts and some SMS messages. Thus when you change phones and use your old SIM card you do not have to reenter all your contacts into the new phone. If you travel, then you would want to keep your phone but change your SIM card to benefit from the same local rates than the natives. However, you need to have an “unlocked “phone.
- 5. And why would I want an unlocked phone?
- Phones from most mobile carriers can only be used in that particular carrier’s. The phone is locked and can only works with the carrier’s SIM cards. The locked phone usually comes with a subscriber contract preventing the customer to use another competitor network for one or two years. As a traveler, you are going to be using your phone outside of your mobile carrier’s geographical network. Thus when your contract expire, you can unlock you phone. You can do it yourself or better have this done by various available local companies that you can find on eBay or the internet for a small charge. Charges range from $5.00 to $20.00 depending on the model of the phone and which company you go to. You would want to use an unlocked phone which allows you to switch to other available network providers. This is done by simply buying a SIM card from the local carrier. Not being constrained by a carrier’s contract you can change network providers at any time without having to wait for a contract to expire or paying early termination fee while accessing better rates or service. Although an unlocked phone may seem more expense initially, the investments easily pay-off in many ways over time and there are many advantages. You have more choices or models, you are less limited in customizing the phone and it is much easy to replace or service the phone. The resale value of an unlocked phone is higher than a locked phone.
- 6. How do I get an unlocked phone?
- 6. Recently the major carriers have changed their policies under pressure from consumers. They made it easier for customers to unlock their phones, usually at the end of their contracts. There are ways for you to do it yourself but it easier to get the services of companies that will unlock your phone for a fee. You can also buy cheap used unlock phone or new ones from local retailers or online, notably on eBay. You can also buy the phone when you get to your destination. Note that if you plan to travel in one in one country, then you do not even need to buy an unlocked phone. A cheaper locked phone with a preinstalled local SIM card would do as you will use that phone for only the provider in that country.
- So how GoIDD is the ideal app choice for me when traveling?
- 1. If you have access to WiFi when abroad, you have to do little or nothing. You will be gladly being amazed that with GoIDD most of your calls are free when you call friends locally. Your friends will not incur any extra charge beyond the usual and customary charge from their local mobile carrier. For you, with GoIDD, all you incoming or out coming calls are free as long as you have WiFi. When you arrived in the foreign country, there no need to do much except turn-on your smartphone with the preinstalled GoIDD app in a WiFi covered area and you are good to go for free local call to your local acquaintances or international calls to your family back at home or other countries. No need to reset your phone if you have WiFi locally available. No need to register with any provider. No need to unlock your phone and you still has your U.S. number. However, remember to turn off roaming so that you do not incur any surprise from your mobile carrier at home. A call from a friend in the U.S may not go through but you still may incur a roaming charge even if you phone is turned off but roaming is not deactivated.
- 2. If you do not have access to WiFi or data, unlike other systems, you can still make calls on GoIDD, using our Call-through feature. (Please read the section on Call-Trough for more detail). You should get service with a LOCAL carrier to minimize the cost of your international call using GoIDD network. The Call-through feature allows you to connect to GoIDD network when WiFi or data are not available using the local carrier network, using an unlocked GMS phone, renting or buying a compatible local phone. Thus, you can combine GoIDD with an unlocked phone with service provided by the local carrier to have one of the cheapest or free and simplest international AND local calls that a traveler will ever have. Note that the local phone carrier will charge you for local calls and data plan independent of GoIDD when you do not have WiFi available.
- 3. Note that if you decide to get a local SIM card, then you have a new local number. If you register this local number with GoIDD then you will get a $1 credit as a new customer in that country. If you get all your friends in that country to use GoIDD, then your friends will get free credit while you will get more credit for referring your friends. The great thing is there is no limit to earn credit by referring your friends. Your international calls on your trip abroad may be all on us free, if you can register enough of your friends to use GoIDD. They will get the same benefits including bonus and ability to earn credits as you do. Please refer to the appropriate FAQs sections/features regarding incentive credit for details.
- 2. How does phone card compare to your service?
- a). GoIDD is cheaper. Many consumers buy prepaid phone cards as an alternative to the more expense traditional phone network. Most prepaid phone cards actually are more expensive than their face value as various fees and surcharges are added leaving the customer with only 60% or less of the minutes they paid for.
b). GoIDD is more convenient. There is no need to physically walk to a store to buy a card and you can easily track your exact usage on your account manager. You can recharge minute right at home or your relatives or friends can do it for you by gifting you credit.
c). GoIDD is much easier to use. No PIN to remember or dial.
- 5. Why did you build into the app the ability to give credit to family and friends?
This is a unique feature that you will not find in any other system. There are businesses which make money by providing mobile users to top-up or recharge mobile phones. We decided to build the ability to gift credit as a more convenient feature right into our app and decided to offer it for our customers to use for free. We want you to be able to stay connected to family and friends locally and internationally without incurring costly fees. We listened to you, our customers, and developed our technology with you in mind. We heard how difficult and expensive it is for many customers to have their family oversea contacts them. With GoIDD, you do not have to walk or drive to a store that charges you expensive fees to wire money to your relatives and they in turn no longer need to buy expensive prepaid phone cards to call you. Thus you eliminate two expensive and highly inconvenient steps to be connected with family and friends. Just figure the saving you made each year by using GoIDD. Thus at the touch of a button right on your app, within minutes or less, from the comfort of your home, you can give credit to your relatives oversea who are GoIDD users. They in turn can calls anyone and anywhere using our network and using those credit without the hassle to go to the store to recharge their phone or pick up money that you previously wire to them to pay for expensive prepaid phone cards.
- 7. What are the various ways for me to use the credit gift option?
- a). The most important benefit we think is the ability to help those around you who do not have access to credit card to purchase phone calls. For example your kids at home, your parents or grandparents who are in another country or a friend out of town who just drop by to visit you. You register them on GoIDD and then right on your app transfer some of your credit to their account for them to be able to make their first call right away. And do not forget that they also will get an extra $5 dollars bonus on us if they are new customers.
b). You also can be at the receiving end of a credit gift. Any GoIDD users can gift you credit anytime anywhere.
c). Another neat benefit is it adds a safety layer of protection to the user. Imagine you are stranded somewhere in an unfamiliar place without your wallet. You may have left your wallet with all your credit cards and cash at home or in your hotel room or worse lost it. As long as you have your phone with you and someone in your network to assist you, you will stay connected. You still can reload your account balance by asking a member of your family to transfer credit to you. If that member is not available then you still have your whole network of friend and family to give you credit. No need to look for a store to recharge your account especially if you are in an unfamiliar place. Some has suggested exchanging your unused credit for needed cash, however we recommend for your safety to exchange credit for cash or vice versa with people that you only know well.
d). A convenient way to give: To family and friends anytime and anywhere. You can give credit to your grandparents to call even if they are located in another country. You can give to your kids as part of their weekly allowance and can keep control of their usage. It is very convenient for you to keep track of your gifts as the credit shows right on your account manager. This is also a gift that keeps giving as they can turn around and give any extra credit to their own network.
- 8. Do we expect to see or hear ads or promotions when using GoIDD?
- YOU ARE IN CONTROL. The technology was build for you, with you in mind. We want you to use GoIDD because you love our service and the unique extra options not available anywhere else without any intrusion from ads and promotions unless you specifically request it. We take your need for privacy seriously and do not sell your private info to third parties.
EXAMPLE OF SITUATIONS HOW GoIDD COULD BE USED:
- 1. VN: You grandparents in your home country want to call you cheap: you buy a virtual number for them. When they call that number which is a local number in their home country, they reach you in the US. They can call you for a landline or cell phone. You can forward that number to any number in the US including a FAX number. Thus you grandparent can fax you document at cheap price wherever you want.
- 2. 800 number: You family oversea wants to be able to call anywhere at cheap rate. You buy an 800 number for them. They can use the 800 numbers to reach you and other people across the world at a cheap rate. Note: If they need to call only you then you buy a VN for them to call. But if they need to call different people at many different locations then an 800 is the better option to buy for them.
- 3. Gifting credit: Your kids want to register on GoIDD to make cheap calls but they do not yet have bank account or credit card. You register for them then you buy minutes on your own account then gift these minutes to your kids. Thus you not only can control the amount of usage (by limiting gift to a small number of minutes each week for example) but can allow your kids to use their own phone and recharge the minutes for them. No credit, no bank account, no problem. Your kids do not have to be physically with you but can be anywhere in the world for you to give them minutes. You control the amount of credit that they use.
- 4. Safety: Recharge or top-up mobile credit when travelling: Now your kids are traveling. It is much easy in case of travelling to be able to recharge for them at the touch of a button right from where you are at home or from wherever you are and right from where they are without them going to a store, bank or get to an internet café in a foreign country without using cash or a credit card. It adds security to their travel.
- 5. You have a sick parent oversea who cannot physically walk to the local store to pay for the minutes. You can just gift minutes from wherever you are after you register them. Your parent does not have to go anywhere for their phone call needs. No more trip to the distant store to buy prepaid phone card. No need to go to the rare place to pick up money that that you wired them to buy these phone cards.
- 6. Incentive: Your kids can earn their own credit to make phone calls by referring other people to use GoIDD. There are many benefits for you and your kids who will better understand the value of hard work and money. There is no limit on how much credit you can earn. You may not have to give them allowance anymore to pay for their phone calls. Any of their friends who become a GoIDD user and load the app, can talk to them for free.
- 7. Gifting credit as mobile recharge when travelling: You just landed in a foreign country in the middle of the night. You are about to run out of minutes and cannot reach your spouse at home who usually recharge your minutes by gifting you credit. If you have a large number of contacts who use 7. GoIDD, then every one of these contacts could potential help you by transferring some of their unused credit to you. You or your spouse can in the near future refund them by transferring credit back to them.
Version 1.1 | © Copyright 2001 - 2014 GoIDD LLC.